Wednesday 29 February 2012

Bringing my printer back to life

I was searching through my shed the other day looking for some stuff we had packed away and came across an old printer that I owned but had forgotten about. Although a little dusty and looking lonely stacked at the back of the shed, it was working (well... as far as I could remember).

My son was looking a printer and although you can pick one up for a little money at the local Tesco he didn't want to spend any money. This is ideal I thought and straight away he pounced on it. I gave him a hand setting it up but we found out that we needed a disk to install the drivers on his PC. Yep, you guessed it, disk was lost.

We tried the Windows drivers on XP but nothing. I finally thought 'Hey, just download them from the web!'
Looking on Google for it we uncovered a great site called www.printcartridgedirect.net. This site has hundreds of printer drivers on it and it was quick and easy to find our printer driver (Epson C62 in case you're wondering).

We downloaded the file and got it installed but then came across another problem, something I knew we would have. Even though I'd taken the ink cartridges out before it went into it's new home at the back of the shed, the inks had dried. Must have been the heat in the summer months.

The great thing about Printcartridgedirect.net it had links to what must be another part or a sister site called www.printcartridgedirect.com where I could get new ink cartridges for his printer. Ordering was easy and within a few days they arrived.

Now my son is printing like an evil dervish and all it cost was the price of some new inks which came to about £6. He's happy and I'm happy that my C62 is still going strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment